Tuesday, January 18, 2011

NUGENT, SCUDDER, PHILLIPS: Compulsory Thesis Exhibition

Jen Nugent

Kris Phillips

Jeffrey Scudder                                     

Opening Reception: Friday January 21, 5-8pm


Jen Nugent

My most recent work utilizes drawings, video, and installation to investigate my own ideas about memory, communication, and information.

Jeffrey Scudder            

In this exhibition I will be executing a three movement, performance-based study of binary form. These movements will be performed at 6:30, 7:00, and 7:30 respectively.  Also on exhibit will be my thesis project, a work of image-making software that I call the PRBAT (Polygon Replicating Bitmap Authoring Tool). Products of proprietary image-making software are often simulacra of traditional media, but the PRBAT produces images which are inherently digital. The audience will be able to view a large library of images I have made with the software and also use the program themselves.

Kris Phillips

My work involves the personal, the obscure and the appropriated. These images are altered and transformed through a provisional style. Painting exists in the immediacy of the act. Through a provisional process I am commentating on a perceived laziness. The simplicity of one line and the absence of another can create an image powerful as poetry.   My work is influenced by the short attention span that is created from mass images, media and technology. With each painting I am willing to fail. 




















No comments:

Post a Comment