Wednesday, March 16, 2011

New Show opening Friday March 18th, "How I Am" by Shane Murphy

The next opening is this Friday on the campus of Ringling College. Shane Murphy will be performing and displaying site specific installations on campus.


Shane says:

My work is a window not only into myself, but also a mirror for the viewer. I sacrifice myself as a surrogate.  I can't change the world. I can't change people. I can't even change one person. What I can do is to nurture within people a to desire to change, and if enough people were to choose to change themselves, it will change the world. I investigate what it means to exist, to live. I pry into the way we react to the human condition. By searching myself and pulling back the curtain on my mind, I alleviate the fear others have of doing the same within themselves.

The Show runs through March 25th


No comments:

Post a Comment